Thursday 24 March 2016

WIP: Forrest Terrain

I started building a gaming board sometime during the summer last year with a friend. We both agreed that having the terrain stuck to the board, like a display-board, looks a lot cooler than terrain on individual bases. Later we discovered that this was a terrible idea. It was hard to add more terrain without making it look out of place, it was not too great to play on it, and it was hard to store. So I decided that we should try again, but this time have a flat board with individual based terrain. 

I have started to remove the trees from the board, and mount them on round GW bases. The trees were made from a skeleton of wire, covered in greenstuff. I stippled crackle paint on them in some spots, to give the impression of bark. 



4 comments:

  1. Lovely creepy little copse of trees. I've always liked the look of wire trees, I'll have to have a go at some myself someday. Can't wait to see your progress on re-basing/finishing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers!
      You should defiantly make some. It's quite easy, and really fun to do. You don't have to pay to much attention to fingerprints and other irregularities in the greenstuff ether, since it blends nicely into the bark effect when you add crackle paint.

      Delete
  2. They are great looking trees but I think I would use Milliput tho, much cheaper in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for the tip. But I'm not really a big fan of milliput, and I have more control over greenstuff. Maybe it would be an idea to have milliput over the skeleton, and smooth it out afterward with green stuff.

      Delete